The Commissioner may request a public body or public officer to whom recommendations have been made to give written notice to the Commissioner, within a reasonable time specified in the notice of:
- the steps taken or proposed to be taken to implement the recommendations; or
- if no steps or only some steps have been taken or are proposed to be taken, the reasons for not taking all the steps necessary to implement the recommendations.
If the Commissioner is not satisfied that adequate steps have been taken to implement the recommendations within a reasonable time as specified, the Commissioner, after considering any comments made by the public body or public officer, may:
- if the public officer is a Minister – make a report concerning recommendations under section 56; or
- give a copy of the recommendations and a copy of the comments to the responsible Minister for the public body or public officer; and
- invite the responsible Minister to provide a written response to the Commissioner within a reasonable time specified in the invitation.
This section does not apply to recommendations made in a general report.