If the Commissioner has referred a matter to a referral entity, the Commissioner may report at any time about the referral, including but not limited to the following:
- the nature of the matter referred;
- any failure by the referral entity to follow a direction of the Commissioner in relation to the referral;
- any other concerns of the Commissioner about the referral entity's response to the referral.
A report may also contain recommendations.
A report is to be made:
- to the responsible Minister in the case of a referral entity that is a public body or public officer; or
- to the ICAC Minister in all other cases.