Why you should report improper conduct
Improper conduct left unchecked can:
- lead to funding being diverted away from public services that support you and your family
- waste public money and resources
- undermine people’s trust and respect in government
- support ongoing criminal activity
- damage reputations of individuals, colleagues, organisations and the whole public sector.
Improper conduct hurts everyone.
Reporting improper conduct helps the Office of the ICAC to:
- expose improper conduct and risks that may otherwise remain hidden
- provide assurances that dishonest practices are disrupted and stopped
- ensure that public sector employees act in the public interest
- identify improper conduct trends, issues and potential risks
- gather intelligence which may lead to an Office of the ICAC investigation.