The Office of the ICAC is made up of four different areas:
- Business Services
At present, the Office has a total of 10 permanent staff (10 FTE).
Secondments and external contractors
The Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (Consequential and Related Amendments) Act 2017 amends the Procurement Act to allow the ICAC to contract and / or second investigators and legal services completely independent of the usual NT Government procurement process. This allows the ICAC to source such services confidentially to secure the independence of his Office and its investigations.
This exemption does not apply to corporate services, or services related to education and training. For these types of procurement, the ICAC and his Office must follow NT Government procurement processes.
- number and general nature of allegations of improper conduct made
- number and general nature of reports made under mandatory reporting requirements
- number and general nature of referrals to other NT Government agencies
- number of search warrants issued to authorised officers
- number and general nature of any other warrants issued to authorised officers under a law of the Territory
- number and general nature of non-disclosure directions given
- indication of the kinds of activities conducted by the ICAC to prevent, detect and respond to improper conduct and the results of those activities
- an indication of the kinds of activities conducted by the ICAC to prevent and respond to retaliation and the results of those activities.