The Office of the ICAC is made up of five different areas:
- Business Services
Secondments and external contractors
The Independent Commissioner Against Corruption (Consequential and Related Amendments) Act 2017 amends the Procurement Act to allow the ICAC to contract and/or second investigators and legal services completely independently of the usual NT Government procurement process. This allows the Commissioner to source such services confidentially to secure the independence of his Office and its investigations.
This exemption does not apply to corporate services, or services related to education and training. For these types of procurement, the Commissioner and his office must follow NT Government procurement processes.
- the number and general nature of allegations of improper conduct made;
- the number and general nature of reports made under mandatory reporting requirements;
- the number and general nature of referrals to other NT Government agencies;
- the number of search warrants issued to authorised officers;
- the number and general nature of any other warrants issued to authorised officers under a law of the Territory;
- the number and general nature of non-disclosure directions given;
- the indication of the kinds of activities conducted by the ICAC to prevent, detect and respond to improper conduct and the results of those activities;
- an indication of the types of activities conducted by the ICAC to prevent and respond to retaliation and the results of those activities.